We love a little romance at GC Event Hire, from weddings to romantic dinner parties, we are a bit partial to any special occasion.
So, with Valentines Day looming, here are some suggestions from our team on how to make your Valentines Day dinner a home dining experience like no other.
Put some thought into planning a menu, giving special consideration to your partner’s tastes. If you know they have a sweet tooth consider making a tasting plate of different desserts or if their favourite cuisine is Italian tailor your menu around it. Your partner will appreciate the extra effort you have gone to.
Make sure you enjoy the dinner with them. Don’t spend your whole night in the kitchen while your partner is left waiting for food, neither of you will enjoy this. The simplest solution is to prepare and cook all food before hand. Place your prepared food in a heater such as a chaffing dish to keep it warm or keep drinks and cold courses chilled in an esky. This will also provide more flexibility in terms of the dinners location, as you don’t have to be near the kitchen.
To highlight the fact it’s a special occasion we recommend eating in a place different to your regular dinner routine. Moving the dinner outdoors is a simple and cost effective way to spice up your night. Fairy or festoon lights will add romance to your setting.
Most importantly though, remember to enjoy the time with your partner. While you may love them everyday, February 14th is your chance to really show it!
What You’ll Need:
- The Menu
- The Food
- Table and chairs
- Champagne or drink of choice
- Ice bucket and stand
- Lots of chocolate
- Clean polished glasses, plates and cutlery
- Table cloths and napkins
Some Menu Suggestions:
- Fried Haloumi with Mint and Lemon – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1940/fried+haloumi+with+mint+and+lemon
- Field Mushrooms Stuffed with Taleggio and Prosciutto – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20000/field+mushrooms+stuffed+with+taleggio+and+prosciutto
- Roasted Vegetable Tart – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5491/roasted+vegetable+tart+vegetarian
- Macadamia-Crusted Fish with Lemon Spinach – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/28065/macadamia+crusted+fish+with+lemon+spinach
- Stuffed Lamb Culets with Pumpkin Salad – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/28038/stuffed+lamb+culets+with+pumpkin+salad
- Vegetarian Lasagne with Zucchini and Tomatoes – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/34295/vegetarian+lasagne+with+zucchini+and+tomatoes
- Strawberry Marshmallow Heart Biscuits – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/36353/strawberry+marshmallow+heart+biscuits?ref=collections,valentines-day
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Trifles – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/28539/lemon+curd+and+blueberry+trifles
- Chocolate Souffle Puddings with Chocolate Sauce – http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22000/chocolate+souffle+puddings+with+chocolate+sauce