- The Damage Waiver charge is 6.5% of the total value of the hire (excluding GST), and is automatically included on the hire docket
- The Damage Waiver is not charged only where the hirer has signed a Damage Waiver Non-acceptance form
- Once the hire items have been delivered/collected, the customer cannot change their mind regarding acceptance/non-acceptance of the Damage Waiver
- The Damage Waiver only covers those items listed on the hire docket
- The Damage Waiver is applicable to a maximum repair/replacement value of $50,000 per hire. Over this amount, the hirer is solely responsible for any cost incurred by GC Event Hire in repair or replacement of the hired items.
The Damage Waiver does NOT cover
- Damage of breakage caused by the use of the hire item other than the use for which it is designed and intended
- Theft of the hire item
- Damage or breakage of the hire item caused by fire, storm or accident
- Damage to the hire item caused by neglect or vandalism
- Cleaning charges
- Lost or missing items
- Failure to return the hire item
- The hire equipment whilst in transit, if being carried by the hirer, or an employee, contractor or agent of the hirer
- The hire equipment after the expiration of the hire period, unless an extension is requested by the hirer and an additional fee paid
- Damage caused by disregard for instructions given to the hirer by GC Event Hire in respect of the proper use of the equipment, or contradiction of the manufacturer’s instructions if supplied with the item at the time of hiring.